Sunday, March 22, 2009

long live the queen.....


i mentioned that my parents go to the same church that we do.  today, like the last couple sundays, my dad went to the hospital instead of church (he still gets his prayers in - trust me). so i'm standing with the rest of the choir in the narthex waiting to process into the 11:00 service when my cell phone rings. my cell phone NEVER rings on sunday morning.  i look at the caller id and see it's the hospital calling. geesh....must be something wrong. as i said, my dad KNOWS that at 10:59 i'm ready to go.  i miss the call.  crap.  i dial the hospital room back.  busy.

double crap.  i call again.

my dad answers.  everything is ok.  the doctor had been in and had shared the results of my mother's bone marrow test.

CLEAN.....BABY!!!!

i should have recognized the tired relief in my father's voice.  i also should have recognized the excitement.  if you know my father, excitement doesn't always "show" with him.  i could tell you stories.......but, alas, i digress.

as you can imagine, the news was a huge relief for my mother (and father). another step towards recovery.  a BIG step.  i was only at the hospital for a short time today.  maggie and i stopped by to take my dad to a celebratory lunch.  i'll learn more about the next steps tomorrow.

i will never doubt that the prayer and thoughts of all of my mom's friends (and friends of friends) played a HUGE part in the positive step.  there have been a few times in the last few weeks when the cards/prayers were the biggest things encouraging her to fight like she has.  

maggie and i looked for a purple beret at the mall today.  the nurses have forecasted majority of hair loss by tuesday. (sorry no pictures) we couldn't find any good looking purple hats (my mom loves purple things).  i'll have to go on the internet and order something like the picture above.  maggie wants to get it personalized for her.....we can take suggestions there, too.  i'm thinking "char-baby" or "playa".  anyone?

thanks for the prayers and support.  the journey isn't over, but positive steps feel great.

"The greatest wealth is health"
- Virgil

i feel like the richest man in the world.  long live the queen.....

blessings,
tim

6 comments:

  1. I think "Queen Charlotte" would be an appropriate embroidery!

    Awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, I think the beautiful sunshine today was nature celebrating the good news!!! To God be the glory...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim and all . . . I am so grateful, excited, happy, and thankful for your mom's great news!!! What a blessing!! We have been thinking of you all and praying for you during this stressful time. Always know how much I love you guys . . . Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Char, my heart is happy! This is the best and most beautiful news in the world. "I'm a believer--not a trace of doubt in my mind."
    Know that you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Luv you much!!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma- I think your embroidered hat should say long live the queen!

    Anyway, it was so good to see you yesterday as I hadn't seen you in ages (at least, it feels like it.) So get focused on getting better, as that is your only task at hand!

    Lots of Love,

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim--thanks so much for sharing these updates on your mother. I'm so glad to hear about the good news and she will continually be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete