Saturday, March 14, 2009

greg got a haircut! (oh, and my mom's good)

another day on the journey, another brick in the wall.  i think today was good because it's saturday again and last saturday was a low point.  it was also good because we all got to visit and weren't busy with work.  

as usual, my dad was up and out early to the hospital.  my mom, i'm sure, was anxious to see him.  since my mom has been retaining a lot of fluid, the doctors gave her a diuretic to help things get "going".  well, going they got and my mom was up quite frequently during the night.  i think the doctors are in cahoots with the exercise therapists to get her moving around more.  my mom would prefer to play that game during the day, however.  if you can imagine this, they are trying to get 2 lbs (net) of fluid off each day.  that's what i call a liquid "diet".

when i got to the hospital this afternoon, my brothers, chris and greg, were there with my mom and dad.  my dad had left for a little bit to see drew play basketball. (my mom makes him go).  so we were all there watching my mom stare down a plateful of stir-fry vegetables and rice.  my mom didn't eat it because she said it was too spicy.  now...what are the odds of the hospital serving really spicy foods? my mom thinks ketchup (or catsup as she says) is spicy.  i think she did manage down a roll, lemon ice, and pudding.  progress.

it must have been a good day if the only real update is that my brother greg finally got his hair cut.  it was approaching 1970s, vintage greg philpott (i wish i had a picture to post).  

keep the prayers coming.  my mom gets out her prayer shawl and reads the bible everyday.  it must be helping.  i'm printing out the posts/emails and taking them to her.  they didn't deliver mail to her today (and i suspect they may not tomorrow). monday looks to be a heavy mail day.

thanks to all for the positive thoughts.

blessings,
tim  

1 comment:

  1. I am so NOT suprised that you thought the stir-fry was too spicy. Some things don't change at all. I think of you all the time. The students really miss you, but are truly working hard. Michelle does a great job, but can really make a mess!!! Eat your vegetables and get strong.

    ReplyDelete