Friday, April 3, 2009

you gotta be kidding me?


well, i wish i could say today was a good day.....

it was on a number of levels.  she is still eating a little and getting up and around. however, after a number of different tests (CT-scans, ultrasounds, etc), the doctors determined that her "sludgy" gall bladder needs to come out.

come on, tim.  you gotta be kidding me?  not something else......

yes....something else.

"God only give us what we can handle."  He must think my mom can handle a LOT.  she is one of the strongest people i know.  stubborn.  stuck in her ways.  did i mention stubborn?  my parents make mules seem easy-going....

nevertheless, tomorrow morning around 7:30, dr. ogg will be skillfully removing a used, 76 yr. old gall bladder which, evidently, is currently enflamed and full of sludge.  once again, it's not all that uncommon for patients in my mom's situation. 

now we have a new thing to pray about.  i know you all were getting tired of praying for appetite and exercise.  my mother-in-law volunteered (you may have read) to give my mother her appetite.  

thanks for continuing to follow my mother's saga, or epic journey.  she is nothing if not interesting and unique.  this is gonna make a great book someday.  i wonder who would play me in the movie?  probably brad pitt.  yeah, probably.

"Good company on a journey makes the way seem shorter"
- Izaak Walton

blessings,
brad

1 comment:

  1. Well, I have been thinking about you all day. I am trusting that the gall bladder surgery went well and that you are resting comfortably. It was so great to talk to you yesterday. You always call on Friday to make sure we are really working so it made the day seem more normal. We did have 30!!! I am thinking of you and missing you. No one keeps me on my toes like you do.

    ReplyDelete