Sunday, April 12, 2009

home, sweet, home


my fast-talking mother successfully talked her way out of the hospital today.

that's right - - >  SHE'S HOME!

she met her goal of being home for Easter Sunday.  now the real prayers start.  she is increasingly mobile, but losing the support that was there for her in the hospital will be an adjustment.  (at least their condo was clean)

angie, the kids and i packed up my dad's stuff and took that back to him this weekend.  they are both now back at home base.  we still have rusty, their dog.  he is one responsibility we'll let them "grow" in to over the next week or so.

i'll update the blog description, but you don't need to send cards to the hospital anymore.  i'm sure there are a lot of people there that would love cards, but my mom won't get them....;-)

i guess this will be my last "daily" post.  i've enjoyed sitting down each night and sharing the day's happenings regarding my mom.  everyone's prayers and thoughts have been so helpful.  i will set her up on her computer to read the comments over again.  i know she will appreciate them all over again.

please continue to post comments and send me emails and i can continue passing them along to my mom.  i'll post updates from time to time.

finally, a deep, heart-felt thanks from my brothers and i for everyone's well wishes. the journey continues, but we're excited to take the next steps with my mom at home.

"there's no place like home."
- Dorothy Gale

from all of the philpott boys (and my mom), thanks and...

blessings,
jim, greg, todd, chris, and tim

No comments:

Post a Comment