Saturday, April 4, 2009

good surgery....the waiting continues

surgery went as well as could be expected today.  doctor said that the gall bladder problem was not new.  evidently, it must have been an issue for quite some time yet had gone undiagnosed.  that could have been the cause of some of my mother's issues over the last year.  they were able to get it all cleaned out in a laproscopic procedure.  hopefully, that means less recovery hurdles from the procedure.  (she's had enough recovery hurdles, don't you think?)

now it's back to the waiting game.  the eating and mobility really weren't helped today with the surgery.  tomorrow, surely, will be a better day.

my brothers and i cleaned at my parents' condo today.  that was fun....;-)  please don't anybody let our wives know that we cleaned that thoroughly.  it will be nice for them when she gets to go home.  

it was a long day for my dad as he went to the hospital around 6 this morning.  i hope he sleeps in tomorrow.  please keep him in your prayers, also.

"What can't be cured, must be endured."
- Proverb

blessings,
tim

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Char,
    Here I am again, wanting to say something invigorating, motivational, and/or inspirational. But if I were you, I think I would just about have had my fill of that by now, and would have moved on to the “get me out of this "#*!!*% place” stage. (I don’t swear much on paper, so I really don’t know if I my spelling is correct or not.) I am positive you are receiving lots of TLC there from a myriad of family, nurses, and friends, but I know you are sorely missing home, and for goodness sake, you for sure want to get back there before those boys have to dust again. (Again? do you think?) I’m not speaking from personal experience, but have often heard from people whose gall bladders have been removed, that they didn’t know how bad they had been feeling until the after the thing was removed. I do so hope that is true in your case, too, although, to put it mildly, you’ve had more than your share of issues to make you feel bad without this on top of everything. We love you, and wish a better day for you today!! Malissa

    ReplyDelete