Thursday, May 28, 2009

little by little....

my mother is beginning her second week at Drake Center.  i wish i could tell you that she is making wonderful strides and is up and waltzing around the room.  unfortunately, the going continues to be slow.  her speech is improving and there may be "some" improvement in her motor skills.  regardless, we continue our prayers and positive thoughts.  

she is getting a flock of visitors as the policy at drake is more loose than jewish.  if you'd like to visit, give my dad a call.  he continues to be her gatekeeper.  we took her a CD player so she could listen to books on tape.  she needs a distraction from the endless gunsmoke marathon my dad watches on TV Land....geesh.

thanks for your continued well wishes.

blessings,
tim

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tim for the updates. I continue with my prayers and thoughts for all of you and especially for your Mom and Dad. I think about all of you every day. My love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Char et al,
    You have many, many people, including Ken and me, who think about you all and pray for you every day and hope that "today will be the day" of a major improvement. Unfortunately, it is the reality of your treatments that makes the "strides" we long for being baby steps, at best. You know though, babies keep at it and are, in time, crawling, stumbling, walking, and running. It's the "in time" part that is frustrating for you, I'm sure, but when your willpower and fight wanes, call upon the reserves of all of us who are sending our love and willing power to you. Much love, Malissa P.S. to Tim: Thanks for the updates again. They are the first thing I look for each morning when I "sign in." Love to all.

    ReplyDelete